On July 21, 2020, the Government of Alberta announced the province is moving forward with school re-entry plans outlined in Scenario 1—resuming daily in-school classes with near-normal operations accompanied by specific health measures.
To support school re-entry, the Division has developed the EIPS School Re-Entry Plan: A guide for students, staff and families that outlines the options available to families:
- in-school classes
- out-of-school learning for those who do not feel safe at school because of a pre-existing health issue or in the absence of a COVID-19 vaccine
Both options enable students to stay connected to their current school throughout their learning. Additional highlights of the plan include:
- mandatory use of masks for all staff and students in kindergarten to Grade 12;
- enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols;
- daily screening requirements;
- strict stay-at-home guidelines for individuals who feel unwell or have symptoms related to COVID-19;
- enforced public-health measures; and
- cohort and physical distancing strategies.
The goal is to ensure the transition back to school is smooth, and operations take place in the safest way possible. EIPS encourages all families to read through this plan to understand what the school experience will look like for the 2020-21 school year and make informed decisions for your family.
The Division will continue to keep families informed throughout the summer and Fultonvale will share plans of what this means for our school in the coming weeks.