Dear Fultonvale families,
As you may be aware, the Government of Alberta confirmed that students are returning for in-class learning on Monday, January 10.
EIPS is in the process of revising its operational guidelines document and will send it to families by end of week. That will allow you to familiarize yourself with important changes made over the extended Christmas break. In the meantime, please be aware of the following:
- All individuals must still review the Alberta Health Daily Checklist with their children before sending them to school. Students exhibiting any symptoms must remain at home until symptoms resolve.
- In the case of a high number of student or staff absences, it may become necessary to move to temporary online learning. Should this happen, learning will take place using the Brightspace platform.
- Temporary online learning will only be used, as a last resort, when it isn’t possible to continue in-person learning because of high student or staff absences. It’s not being offered as an alternative to in-person learning.
- The Government of Alberta is providing rapid test kits and medical-grade masks for use by students and staff members. These are expected to start arriving in school divisions next week. At a minimum, it’s highly recommended students wear medical-grade masks to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in schools.
- January diploma examinations for senior high students are cancelled. No decision has been made about the April and June diploma examinations. Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) are postponed to the week of January 20.
We understand families may have additional questions. We ask for patience as operational guidelines are amended, which will provide more comprehensive details. Thank you for your continued understanding and co-operation.