February 14, 2022 Masking Change
You are probably aware of the announcement from Premier Kenney yesterday that directly affects Fultonvale, beginning on Monday, February 14.
Although we are still waiting for detailed guidance from Alberta Education and Alberta Health, we’ve broken down the upcoming changes into two categories: “What’s changing?” and “What’s staying the same?”
- Effective Monday, February 14, students will not be required to wear masks in school or on school buses.
- The exception: Students who test positive for COVID-19, and who must isolate for five days if fully vaccinated or symptoms resolve, whichever is longer. They still need to wear a mask at all times until 10 days pass from the onset of symptoms.
What’s staying the same?
- The kind, caring, and welcoming students and staff!
- Students are welcome to continue wearing masks and will be supported in that decision.
- Masking is still required for adults, including teachers, administrators, school staff and bus operators.
- Volunteers, contractors and visitors more than 12 years of age must also wear masks when entering EIPS schools and buildings. Vaccination requirements for staff, volunteers and contractors will remain in place for now.
- Public health measures, such as cohorting, and enhanced cleaning and sanitization, remain in schools for the time being.
- Students must still stay home when sick and adhere to legal isolation requirements based on their vaccination status.
We understand you likely have many other questions. Once we receive additional information from the Government of Alberta, EIPS will revise the EIPS Operations Guidelines 2021-22 and advise you of the specifics.
We’ve been through a lot over the past 23 months, and we will continue to have to be flexible and accommodating as we work through the pandemic.
As always, we are so proud to be part of this incredible, supportive Fultonvale community.
Hope you have a good rest of your week and enjoy your weekend!
Jeff Spady Mark Wever
Principal Assistant Principal