2021- 2022 School Year Operations
2021-2022 School Year Details
Hello and welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! The staff at Fultonvale are so excited to see you and your child(ren). It’s going to be another interesting year, but we also know it’s going to be a great year.
Welcome back to those of you who are continuing with the Fultonvale Family. For those Kindergarten students and families new to Fultonvale, a huge welcome! Fultonvale is a school community with excellent staff, incredibly supportive parents/guardians and students who are, simply, amazing.
We will be asking everyone in our school community - students, staff, parents and community members - to follow our guidelines. The 2021-2022 school year is going to be about taking care of each other’s health, which includes physical, mental and emotional.
For families who are new to Fultonvale - The Firewire is a weekly bulletin of school events, highlights and general news. It is shared via email every Monday morning and will also be uploaded to our website.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions or concerns.
All the best,
Jeff Spady - Principal Mark Wever - Assistant Principal
Office Opened Wednesday, August 25
Office Hours until September 1
- Thursday, August 26 - 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 27 - 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 30 - 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31 - 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Regular Office Hours During School Year
Our office is open daily from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
First Week Schedule
Fultonvale will reopen to students on Sept. 1, 2021. All students in grades 1 - 9 will attend for the full day.
Kindergarten students have a staggered entry. On September 1, 2, 3 and 7, children attend school in small groups. The staggered entry allows kindergarten children and families to ease into school. Families have been contacted regarding which group they are part of.
Kindergarten Staggered Entry Schedule
Wednesday, September 1 - KM Group 1
Thursday, September 2 - KT Group 1
Friday, September 3 - KM Group 2
Tuesday, September 7 - KT Group 2
Viewing of Schedules
PowerSchool will open to parents/guardians and students to view schedules on Monday, August 30.
What to Expect When Coming to School
The EIPS Operations Guidelines 2020-2021 outlines the details of school re-entry within EIPS. We are asking all students, staff, parents, guardians and visitors to follow the guidelines. Please see the EIPS Frequently Asked Questions document for clarification. Any future updates to the plan will be made directly online, and you can always find the latest version on our Division website. We encourage all families to read through this plan to understand what the school experience will look like for the 2021-22 school year.
We are moving towards looking and feeling a little more normal, with some restrictions still in place. As always, Fultonvale will continue to provide the same high level of care, the inviting atmosphere, and the assurance that we will do whatever we can to ensure your child is taken care of.
- Masks will be mandatory for all staff, students and visitors in kindergarten to Grade 9 at Fultonvale, including when students are lining up to enter the building. Exceptions are:
a. when students/staff/visitors are outside.
b. when students and staff are in the gym for Physical Education.
c. when students/staff/visitors are eating.
d. when students/staff/visitors can appropriately socially distance when indoors.
2. Daily screening requirements remain in place using the Alberta Health Daily Checklist. If you answer “Yes” to any questions, stay home and use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool for further guidance. If your child(ren) is sick, please keep them home and use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool for further guidance.
3. Parents/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child if they become sick at school.
4. Students/staff/visitors will be asked to sanitize their hands when they enter and exit the building and when they enter and exit classrooms and common areas.
5. Parent volunteers are allowed this year. However, we are asking for no visitors or volunteers for the first three days of school to allow us to get our processes and procedures up to speed.
2021 - 2022 Fultonvale Parent/Guardian FAQs
We have created a FAQ document which, we hope, answers most of your questions. Please see the 2021-2022 Fultonvale Parent/Guardian FAQs.
Bell Schedule for 2021-2022
The bell schedule for the 2021-2022 school year is a little bit different from last year. Please see here for more information.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up
If you are driving your child(ren) to school please see the student drop-off map for details. We will have staff volunteers directing traffic on the first three days of school.
Designated Entrances and Exits
Students are being asked to enter and exit the building using the same designated doors as last year. Please see here for details.
Note: Class 2/3W will enter at the K - 2 door.
School Supplies for 2021-2022
We have partnered with Staples again to provide you with easy to purchase school supplies. School supply lists for next year and details about Staples are posted here.
How to Prepare for Back to School: Practice, Practice, Practice
School is going to look different, so to prepare try practicing the following;
- Practice washing hands and using hand sanitizer.
- Practice proper mask use—putting it on, taking it off and keeping it on.
- Practice opening prepared foods such as snacks, containers, lunch boxes.
- Practice opening, closing and storing personal items—pencil cases, backpacks, jackets, shoes.
- Practice doing up clothing—zippers, buttons, tying shoelaces.
- Practice proper respiratory etiquette and strategies to support physical distancing.
General information about the PowerSchool Parent Portal
The PowerSchool Parent Portal is an interactive web-based information system that allows you to access your child’s current grades, attendance, fees and Division forms online. Through your single Parent Portal account, you can access information for all students in your family currently attending Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS).
Please ensure you can log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal, so you are ready to complete forms as required throughout the school year.
If you cannot remember your username or password, click the “Forgot Username or Password?” link on the login screen and follow the prompts to reset them.
If you are new to EIPS and have never logged in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal before, EIPS will contact you directly to help set up your account.